Agreement between the Club and a Member
If admitted to membership of the Camping and Caravanning Club Limited I undertake
(a) To observe the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association and all regulations made thereunder;
(b) To contribute to the assets of the Association in the event of its being wound up while I am a member, for payment of the Debts and Liabilities of the Association contracted before I cease to be a member, and of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up, and for the adjustment of the rights of the contributories among themselves, such amount as may be required not exceeding £1.00;
(c) To pay to the Association during my membership such entrance fees and annual subscriptions as the Council shall from time to time prescribe;
(d) To be bound by the rules and regulations of the Club, to observe the Club’s Codes for Campers and Canoeists and to practise the standards of camping and canoeing as laid down the Club. I have read the “notes” beside;
(e) As a condition of my membership of the Club not to avail myself of the privileges granted to members under the Public Health Act 1936, and the Town and Country Planning Act 1971, when:-
- (i) Camping on any site conducted on commercial lines;
- (ii) Camping for more than 42 consecutive days or more than 60 days in any 12 months on any site unless such site has been specially approved for this purpose by the Council;
- (iii) Occupying any structure other than a bona fide mobile caravan or tent.
(1) Sleeping in private motor cars is permitted providing that the private motor car has specially designed sleeping accommodation and is used in conjunction with a tent attachment that should be erected at the time.
(2)The Club does not cater for residential caravanning but only for recreational caravanning in mobile caravans.
- A Caravan is defined as a vehicle built or permanently adapted for use as a mobile temporary dwelling which is immediately capable of being towed or driven upon the public highway when it will comply in all respects with the law;
- Motor Caravans must be of approved makes specially designed or specially adapted for such purpose;
- If Caravan, Motor Caravan or Tent Trailer is of a non proprietary make, a photograph or illustration should be submitted with this form.
(3) On sites owned or administered by the Club, caravans and motor caravans may not exceed 25ft. in length including the draw bar. For all tents, frame tents and trailer tents, the maximum area covered by any one tent with or without a fly sheet, awning or outer covering, shall not exceed 400 sq. ft.